Together let’s grow your relationship with your bird in a positive direction
Consulting in Birmingham Wolverhampton Derby Stoke-on-Trent Solihull Burton-upon-Trent Dudley Halesowen Redditch Kidderminster Stafford Stourbridge Walsall Tamworth Lichfield West Bromwich Atherstone Aldridge Evesham Tipton Cannock Bromsgrove Smethwick Willenhall Oldbury Droitwich Spa Uttoxeter Rugeley Stone Stourport-on-Severn Brierley Hill Wednesbury Brownhills Alvechurch
As a dedicated parrot owner, witnessing over-bonding in your beloved companion can be a complex issue to navigate. This behaviour, although seemingly affectionate, can pose significant challenges for both the parrot and you. Over-bonding can lead to possessiveness, aggression towards others, and even emotional distress for your parrot when separated.
Over-bonding doesn’t indicate any lack of care or affection on your part; it’s a manifestation of your parrot’s instincts navigating the complexities of domestic life. Parrots are social creatures, and their bonds can intensify in ways that may not align with their wellbeing in a home setting.
- I visit you at your home in person or online, for an initial assessment generally lasting 2 hours and ideally, everyone in the household should be present.
- I take a full and detailed case history. Together we work out a treatment plan that is realistic and tailored to you and your flock’s needs.
- You receive relevant information sheets, which tie in with the behaviour plan for your bird.
- Soon after the consultation, a report is sent to you, which is later copied to your vet. This outlines the reasons behind the problem and highlights the key steps of the plan.
- Your vet is kept informed of how your bird progresses.
- Plans are updated with new material for you to work on.
- We schedule one 1-hour follow-up session about a month later, which is conducted via an online video link.
- We are available for optional weekly check-ins for 6 weeks after your initial consultation. Each week you can book a 15-minute call through our online calendar, or send us an email or WhatsApp message.
- If during the development of the case, the additional expertise of a veterinary behaviourist is required, then I integrate their advice into the plan. I work closely with select, independently accredited avian vet behaviourists, who will review and discuss your parrot’s case with your vet.
- More follow-up support available as needed.
get expert help now
Fancy a £50 discount?
Book a virtual learning clinic appointment, allowing a budding behaviourist to lead your consultation under Zoe’s watchful eye
Have a more general question? Check out our general FAQ.
Prefer to chat things through a bit more?
Give us a buzz by email or phone
(+44) (0) 121 299 0188.
Can I just get some quick advice about my parrot? It’s not a very big problem.
My parrot isn’t registered with any vets – what should I do?
If you are looking to make your parrot’s over-bonding a thing of the past, contact me to get started.
Let's get started
Give us a buzz