Aggression towards people
Together let’s rebuild your parrot’s relationship with you and those around you
Consulting in Birmingham Wolverhampton Derby Stoke-on-Trent Solihull Burton-upon-Trent Dudley Halesowen Redditch Kidderminster Stafford Stourbridge Walsall Tamworth Lichfield West Bromwich Atherstone Aldridge Evesham Tipton Cannock Bromsgrove Smethwick Willenhall Oldbury Droitwich Spa Uttoxeter Rugeley Stone Stourport-on-Severn Brierley Hill Wednesbury Brownhills Alvechurch
As a devoted parrot owner, experiencing aggression or biting from your feathered companion can be disheartening and stressful. These unexpected behaviors can strain the bond you share with your parrot and may leave you feeling anxious or worried about your interactions.
Aggression or biting isn’t a reflection of your care or love for your bird. Rather, it’s a sign your parrot might be uncomfortable, fearful, or frustrated. Parrots, like all creatures, have unique needs and ways of expressing discomfort. Domestic life may occasionally fail to meet these instinctual needs, leading to challenging behaviors.
- I visit you at your home in person or online, for an initial assessment generally lasting 2 hours and ideally, everyone in the household should be present.
- I take a full and detailed case history. Together we work out a treatment plan that is realistic and tailored to you and your flock’s needs.
- You receive relevant information sheets, which tie in with the behaviour plan for your bird.
- Soon after the consultation, a report is sent to you, which is later copied to your vet. This outlines the reasons behind the problem and highlights the key steps of the plan.
- Your vet is kept informed of how your bird progresses.
- Plans are updated with new material for you to work on.
- We schedule one 1-hour follow-up session about a month later, which is conducted via an online video link.
- We are available for optional weekly check-ins for 6 weeks after your initial consultation. Each week you can book a 15-minute call through our online calendar, or send us an email or WhatsApp message.
- If during the development of the case, the additional expertise of a veterinary behaviourist is required, then I integrate their advice into the plan. I work closely with select, independently accredited avian vet behaviourists, who will review and discuss your parrot’s case with your vet.
- More follow-up support available as needed.
get expert help now
Fancy a £50 discount?
Book a virtual learning clinic appointment, allowing a budding behaviourist to lead your consultation under Zoe’s watchful eye
Have a more general question? Check out our general FAQ.
Prefer to chat things through a bit more?
Give us a buzz by email or phone
(+44) (0) 121 299 0188.
Can I just get some quick advice about my parrot? It’s not a very big problem.
My parrot isn’t registered with any vets – what should I do?
If you are looking to make your parrot’s aggression a thing of the past, contact me to get started.
Let's get started
Give us a buzz